[Sca-cooks] Re:Chicken for feast (Hyssop)

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Mar 31 10:16:29 PST 2003

> >> Rue and Bergamot are likewise substances that should be treated
> >> carefully as they can be toxic in fairly small amounts.
> >
> > Do you mean oil of bergamot fruit, or oil of Monarda Didyma?
>
> I was referring to Citrus Bergamia (Citrus Aurantium), not beebalm.  Isn't
> Monarda strictly a New World plant?

Yes, the Monardas called bergamot are New World. Have you found references
to Citrus Bergamia in period recipes? I would love to see them!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The tumult and the shouting dies/The captains and the kings depart
Still stands Thine ancient sacrifice/An humble and a contrite heart."
	-- Rudyard Kipling, Recessional