[Sca-cooks] an ohmigod moment...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun May 11 22:39:16 PDT 2003

Ok, I'm working on this book, and I'm trying to keep my head focussed in
1154, and I want to look at more pictures of clothes from the time to,
well, just have it in my head. (And so when Our Hero starts taking clothes
off, I don't get it wrong. :-)

So I'm doinking around looking at costume links and I find this site for
'medieval weddings'- and I decided to check it out, mostly so I can be
irritated at the stupid things people write about medieval weddings, and
partly to see what folks are doing these days (since everyone has to have
their wedding be 'special' and 'unique' and all that rot).

Here's the link:

http://www.foreverwed1.com/articles/themes/024554n.html

I thought -oh- I'll look at this- 12th c Bliaut- right what I want to look at.

And there is a picture of my daughters, wearing bliauts I made.

Jaw hits desk.

Ok, look at Cotehardies, c 1390. My daughters, wearing cotehardies I made.

Uhhh...

Ok, look at Early 15th c Houppelande. It's a picture of me, in a my grey
and silver houppelande.

I'm totally flummoxed now- How could I ever imagine that when doing
research, I would dig up my own work? it's like, uhhh, really spooky...

Way too self-referential. I mean... Remember the ol' Foghorn Leghorn bit
where he's playing hide and seek with the little chick with the big
glasses- he climbs into the wood box, and kid does some figures and starts
digging and up pops Foghorn, who looks at the woodbox and stops and says,
"No, I just _might_ be in there!

Hmmm

'Lainie