[Sca-cooks] Celery Root

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 11:52:14 PDT 2003

I'm cooking the Mists Principality Bardic Feast again this year. I've
decided to do Roman. I looked at Mongolian and i really want to do
it, but not this year...

So why the header "Celery Root"? Well, i'm a fan of this vegetable
aka celeriac - heck, i ate a pint of julienned celery root salad last
night. In reading through Roman recipes i found one for celery. It
made me wonder if this could have been made of celery root. Yeah
yeah, the recipe doesn't specify root, but i was still wondering...

So, is celery root/celeriac "period"? for the Middle Ages? for Late
Antique Roman period?

Thanks for any elucidation.

Anahita