[Sca-cooks] Sugar Paste Again

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu May 15 15:56:21 PDT 2003

For the Roman feast i'm doing in September, i'm thinking of making
sugar plate dishes for serving some desserts. I'm not claiming the
Romans used sugar paste, i just want to have some cool displays.
After all, there was that description of Trimalchius' feast in the
Satyricon by Petronius.

A friend and i will be making them ahead of time. She said that those
she has made previously were rather fragile.

What can we do to make our sugar plate more durable?

Meanwhile she and i are brainstorming on how to do that scene with a
pig... without using a real raw porker...

Anahita