[Sca-cooks] Proud and bragging (OT?)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 09:34:52 PDT 2003

Greetings all.

I had a great weekend at our Garb Wars/Investiture event.  Foodstuffs were
plenty and delicious not only for the eye but for the taste.  We had a few
spoofs like the Corona Coronet and the duck call that were presented durning
feast but I shall talk about all that later.

Right here I just need to brag on a few of my favorite folks to play with.

Here in Atlantia there are a few new (non-polling) orders, one of which is
the Bright Leaf.
(BRIGHT LEAF: The Great Book of Law says, "The Order of the Bright Leaf
honors and recognizes those subjects of the Kingdom who have distinguished
themselves in their effort in arts and sciences of the
period." )
The three newest members to that Order are (my daughter) Morningstar,
Alainne and Hans.  I sat there in court and watched their faces as one by
one their names were called out to approach the throne together.  I could
just see the momentary flush, (the next name gets called), the smile and
relief they didn't have to go up alone, (the third name gets called) and as
they fall in step together to approach the Queen, that quizzical little look
as they passed me as to why my name wasn't called, and finally, the light
bulb goes on and they shoot me that look as I call out "gotcha!".
I feel like a proud goose.  These guys really knock themselves out on doing
solites for our group and gifts to others.  Of course, we are all in it for
the fun, to see if we really *can* do that, but non-the-less, it is still a
lot of work and requires skill and imagination and, of course, the
commitment of time.  I just _had_ to approach the Queen after feast and say
thank you for considering these three and elevating these three talented
people into the Order.

THLady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar