[Sca-cooks] A New Food Challenge Show

Sharon Gordon gordonse at one.net
Wed May 21 09:45:56 PDT 2003

There's a new food challenge show called Food Fight(well perhaps they could
find a more inspiring name) where two pairs of nonprofessional cooks compete
to cook a meal using a surprise featured food item and $20 worth of other
food of their choice.  The surprise food item is one that is a regional
specialty in the area where the show is being taped.  I wonder if they would
be interested in having sets of medieval cooks producing period food for
some of their shows?

Here's an article on a preview show where trout was the featured item:
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_C
olumnistArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031769619950&path=!frontpage&s=

There should be another article here

www.dallasnews.com/entertainment/columnists/_ebark/stories/051803dnartfoodtv
.57019.html

The Food Network site has a few press releases which I read, but couldn't
discover if there is any sort of pantry such as there is for Chef on a
Shoestring's challenges.

Sharon
gordonse at one.net