[Sca-cooks] Fortean Times

Leah A. Montgomery mog_bane at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 19:42:17 PDT 2003

I just finished reading this(last) month's issue of Fortean Times. (If you
are a skeptical believer, I recommend it.) They have a small column in it
that debunks common myths. This months? The spices used in the middle ages
was used to cover the taste of rotten meat. They listed the reasons why that
couldn't be so. Among them that it wouldn't mask the effects of food
poisoning. They also ask at the end of each column for people to debunk the
debunking, if they can. This month, they wanted people to write in and let
them know if they had, or knew someone who had, gotten food poisoning from
eating at a medieval lord's table. *evil grin* I'm sure that at least one
person on this list can attest to that and "debunk" the debunking. *giggle*
I couldn't resist.

Leah A. Montgomery
SCA: Mahvash bint Wahib al Marakeshi called Samira
Head of Byat Al Hirrar
mog_bane at hotmail.com
ICQ#: 83404701