[Sca-cooks] An Evil Thought- Excercise in Intelligence

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon May 26 21:44:01 PDT 2003

Y'know, I got to thinking.

I don't know how often that we have new folks to the SCA-Cooks List, who
make us all go right back through the same old, same old thang- because A is
period, and B is period, and C, D, and E is period, therefor I think
(whatever) is period, or could have been, because we know they had all of
the ingredients.....

So, why don't we turn this around....

Let us take a modern description of a food- nothing else to work from- and
have a bit of a contest- what can you (quite justifiably) come up with?

And let's present our entries at the Knowne Worlde Cook's Potluck.

By heaven, if people are going to reverse engineer, let's turn it around.
Adamantius, Cariadoc, 'Lainie, Doc, Margali, Phillipa, Bear and Margaret,
Gunthar, Kiri, Christanna, Selene (both too-durned-far-westerners\-, Huette,
Stefan, and All you others (I'm tired now, I'lll be irritated that I forgot
to add you to the roll call), tell me what you'll make OR Make it for the
Knowne Worlde Cook's Potluck- nothing else but the following....

Two all-meat patties, special sauce, onion, pickle, lettuce, and tomato
(vegetable? translator's query), on a sesame seed bun....

Shall we go for it?

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,