[Sca-cooks] Re: Potluck - was Evil Thought

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue May 27 14:13:38 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/27/2003 1:16:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org writes:

> I should be there but I promise not to bring anything resembling a beef
> sandwich.  Sorry.  I just don't think it's a great idea.  Having gone to
> guild meetings before where folks were supposed to redact one of two
> recipes, well, let's face it, you can only eat so much of one thing.

Hey Olwen, I don't think Phlip meant that we should all try our hand with Big
Macs or whatever, just that we should pick a description of some modern dish
and try to reverse engineer it.
But I don't particularly like the idea anyway, since I don't think I have a
good enough grasp of period cooking to have any sort of clue as to what a
medieval cook would do with a modern food description.  If I come, and if I manage
to bring anything, it will be a straight medieval recipe.  I'm a deputy for
lost and found this year, which means I'm going to be spending a lot of time "at
work" and may not have time to cook.

Brangwayna