[Sca-cooks] Anyone going to Highland River Melees? OT

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 10:15:57 PDT 2003

Just wondered if anyone was going to this event in Hagerstown MD.    House
Blackstar is cooking so I'll be there.
Olwen

Highland River Melees
June 13th-15th, 2003
Barony of Highland Foorde

The summer solstice is almost upon us and we are taking advantage of the
daylight by holding our annual Highland River Melees event and demo. We look
forward to having a day filled with heavy fighting, light fighting, both
target
and combat archery, and thrown weapons. Don’t worry, if the martial
activities
are not your “thing” then we have many other activities that are sure to
catch
your interest.

Food & Gaming: A tavern will be open with a bake sale (proceeds to benefit
the
Oak), and gaming tables. A few games will be provided, but you are welcome
bring your own.

Children's activities:  A full day of activities are planned for our younger
members.

A&S Display & Competition: Theme for this year’s competition is “What’s
This?“
We are looking for medieval items whose use is not obvious or readily
apparent
to the modern eye. We also anticipate an 'arms and armor' display and demo,
dance demo, live performances and various A&S demos. * We ask anyone and
everyone who wishes to display their talents to please contact the autocrat
or
co-autocrat for scheduling purposes.*

Merchants are highly encouraged to display their wares for the medieval and
modern populace. Period pavilions, when available, are strongly requested.
Contact the autocrat with questions.

Bardic: There will be bonfires and open bardic circles on both Friday and
Saturday nights.

Feast: House Black Star under the excellent guidance of Master Chirehart
will
provide a generous feast.

Site: Hager House Park, Hagerstown, MD. Opens at 5pm Friday and closes at
noon
on Sunday. Camping is welcomed. NO PETS and the site is DRY.

Fees: Off-board is $6.00, on-board is $12.00, pre-registered. On-board at
the
door (IF AVAILABLE) will be $13.00. Get a $3.00 discount with proof of SCA
membership.

Reservations: Lady Diedre ni Aodhifionn (Jean Lewis), 1800 Rocky Glen Rd,
Frederick, MD 21702. (301) 662-1856.
Autocrat: Lord Fergus of Hanna (Eric Knibb), PO Box 565, Walkersville, MD
21793,
(301) 471-6978, email: fergushanna at juno.com
Co-Autocrat: Devorguilla of Darragh (Debra Williams), 106 Pennsylvania Ave,
Frederick, MD 21701, (301) 668-2325, email: debbiew at netstorm.net

Directions:

Take US 70 toward Hagerstown, MD. Take exit 28 onto MD 632N toward
Hagerstown.
Stay on MD632, it will become Maryland Avenue. At the 3rd light, turn LEFT
onto
Wilson Blvd. At the light turn RIGHT onto Virginia Avenue. Pass park on
left,
then go 3/4 around the circle onto Highland Way (end of park). Follow to
Hager
House Museum on the RIGHT.