[Sca-cooks] Trying chickpeas

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri May 2 15:16:05 PDT 2003

I think it's easier to sell food like this if someone is sitting there with
them on  a plate or in a bowl and is just munching them down in front
of everyone else saying "yeah, these are really good. I could eat all of these."
Maybe you need to call them something other than chickpeas and saffron
--- well no calling them
Erebinthoi Knakosymmigeis isn't quite that easy either which is what Mark
Grant calls them.
I see-- how about calling them Athenaeus' Partying Professor's Saffron
Peas? (You have to see how the source is listed to get this joke.)
Do you suppose that would sell the dish?

Johnnae llyn Lewis           Johnna Holloway
(  The almost 13 year
old member of the household doesn't eat my cookin' either at times
and his father still adores mac and cheese out of those blue boxes.)