[Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 5 18:09:45 PDT 2003

I don't know anything about pumpkin juice, but a brewer friend of mine made pumpkin beer a couple of years ago.  I don't care much for beer anyway, so I wasn't too disappointed when I didn't like his pumpkin brew. Liadan

"Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:At 06:07 PM 5/5/03 -0600, you wrote:
>I googled, and came up with these:
>http://www.mugglenet.com/misc/rosmertas/pumpkinjuice.shtml
>http://www.expage.com/page/ultirec2
>--maire, who doesn't vouch for the recipe quality, but who is always
>willing to help a fellow HP fan....

I've seen the one on Madame Rosmerta's site- looks interesting, but I have
interesting reactions to pineapples, so I don't imbibe :-/ The other one is
by a kid for a class project (her mom was trying to sell the recipes on one
of the fan forums. I guess they gave up). Not bad, but geez- apple juice is
already so sweet- do you really need to add honey?

I rather envision the Hogwarts pumpkin juice as looking something between
pulpless OJ and unfiltered apple juice. It's gotta be cut with something-
otherwise those kids would be floating in carotine.

I have got to find a decent recipe for butterbeer- the ones I've seen
basically have you pouring melted butter into root beer. *Gag* Apparently
it is mildly alcoholic (my guess is 3%). Don't the Tibetans have something
made out of butter that is about that strong? Or am I misremembering?

'Lainie
-only mildly obsessed :-/