[Sca-cooks] roasted peas?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 6 11:15:24 PDT 2003

I have to think that these would have been done with dried peas.
Cook them. Sieve them. Mix with eggs and cook (fry?) in butter.
Then take the cooled peas/eggs mixture and spit those to be roasted.

This recipe or one very like it also appears in Daz Buch von Guter Spise.
In Merlitta Adamson's translation recipe 45 is:

45. A tasty little dish.
Take boiled peas, press them through a sieve, add the same quanity of eggs as
there
are peas, and cook this in butter, not too greasy. Let them cool off, cut them
in bite-sized pieces, and put them on a spit. Roast them well, baste them with
eggs and with herbs, and serve.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

Maggie MacDonald wrote: snipped