[Sca-cooks] Re: SCA-Cooks, Roasted Peas

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 6 13:18:14 PDT 2003

When I read Maggie's original post on this and saw there were folks even
considering using frozen peas I was surprized.  Now I am reading this
missive.  There would be a big difference between dry and frozen peas.
Besides the sheer cost of getting enough frozen peas to try to cook down to
a stiff mush, I am not sure it would even work.
Now working this recipe beginning with dry peas would be a snap.  I have
used peas paste to sculpt edible centerpieces and can quite easily see how
the mash could be made to adhere to a skewer.  I am wondering about the
"cover it with egg" part.  It seems I have read a couple other recipes where
you would dip a very hot piece of food (or pour over) in to a beaten egg
which would then adhere in a very thin layer and cook in the residue heat of
the food.  Maybe or maybe wrapping in a thin egg crepe.
Olwen