Sherlock Holmes Was: [Re: [Sca-cooks] OT: Harry Potter]

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 8 07:09:19 PDT 2003

I totally agree with Corwyn here.  As an adult, I re-read my childhood favorites in their unabridged form.  All I can say is: OH, MY!  That wasn't what I remember reading as a child.  In addition, there were adult books I read as a teen and found, well, boring.  Life experience changed boring to page turners. Even though I thought I knew it all as a teen (and don't they all!), I discovered there was still a lot to experience. . . Liadan

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:Since then I've gone
back and read a LOT of things I read as a child, but in the unabridged
versions. Good reason to avoid booksales at children's libraries IMO...
unless you're looking specifically for kids books, and I mean Doctor Suess.

Corwyn