[Sca-cooks] quince apple

Kim nyxiz at shaw.ca
Thu May 15 11:44:19 PDT 2003

You people are lucky!  Since they don't grow locally, I paid around
$3/lb (Canadian) the last time I bought quince.

Until a couple years ago, I had never seen a quince until I stumbled
upon them a farmer's market.  I loved the scent of it, and took one home
and looked it up in reference book.  Much to my disappointment, I found
out they had to be cooked to be edible and it was sometime before I
actually got to try them.  If you are so inclined, quince makes
wonderful mead.

Ciar
Shire of Harrows Cross