[Sca-cooks] quince apple

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu May 15 14:42:02 PDT 2003

At 02:07 PM 5/15/2003,Nancy Kiel said something like:
>I'm curious about your other post (which I deleted, in my clever way) that
>quince are .69 at the fruit stand.  Do you mean now, because I thought
>quince were more of a Nov-Dec type fruit?
>

>Nancy Kiel

They're probably imported from the southern hemisphere. Lots of the fresh
fruits and veggies are available out of season by importing from Brazil,
Ecuador, etc.  It's just the perfect time of year down under for quinces to
be coming ripe.

I love quinces, I'll have to check the messican produce stand down the hill
and see if they have some in stock. Some quince marbled breads would be
really nice at Potrero war next week.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.