[Sca-cooks] Peach Pits

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 10:32:39 PDT 2003

Although they aren't "period" for Late Antique Rome, we're thinking
of making "Peach Pits" as a display food for the Roman Feast. We are
lacking in dancing slaves, flute girls, and life-size bronze statues
to use for serving and display, so we have to make up for this
somehow.

A local excellent cook, Rose de la Mans, will be giving me and my
"deputy", Gianetta del Bene, a demonstration of how she makes them.

She used Sculpy to make her Peach Pit molds.

I seem to recall that some time in the past, someone on this list
sold some peach pit molds. If that person is still on list, please
let me know if they are still available, what they're made of, and
how much they cost.

I anticipate between 80 and 90 diners and would like to make about 135 "pits".

Thanks,
Anahita