[Sca-cooks] Roman Display, was Sugar Plate Again

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat May 17 18:35:56 PDT 2003

You might try looking at books like
Emily Gowers. The Loaded Table. Representations
of Food in Roman Literature. This is more
gastronomy and not cookery. It doesn't have recipes.
There are a number of these that might give you some
ideas.
Patrick Faas' new book does have recipes:
Around the Roman Table. It might give you some ideas.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote: snipped--