[Sca-cooks] The Priest Fainted

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun May 18 19:37:03 PDT 2003

In a message dated 5/18/2003 9:46:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tfsawyer at yahoo.com.au writes:

> I'm trying to find documentation for a "traditional" middle eastern eggplant
> (aubergine) recipe. The name translates as "the priest fainted" the arabic
> name starts with Imam- but I can't remember the rest.

This might be a starting point... I doubt this recipe's period, but it's an
interesting story anyway...

http://www.cliffordawright.com/recipes/imam_bayildi.html

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke