[Sca-cooks] CAST IRON SKILLET

Mary Denise Smith editor at costumepress.com
Mon May 19 06:23:16 PDT 2003

The variation on this that I do is to put an inch or so of water in the
pan, bring it to a boil and use a metal spatula to scrape off the
offending stuff. Then a quick swipe with the green scrubbie pad thing
and back onto the (turned off but still warm) stove or upside down into
the oven it goes. I have 3 cast iron skillets, 2 cast iron griddles and
a teflon omelet pan. Those are all the "frying pans" I use, and the
large frying pan routinely gets used as a roasting pan.

MD/Marged