[Sca-cooks] lovage

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon May 26 20:13:22 PDT 2003

> Food TV (don't ask which show, I forget) mentioned that what is marketed
> as celery seed is usually lovage seed.  Anyone know for sure?

I'm pretty sure that what is marketed as celery seed is wild celery seed.
Food TV for some reason believes that wild celery (smallage) is lovage. I
believe lovage seeds are larger-- they were definitely available as a
candied sweet up until the 20th century...

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians
are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides." -- James Quinn