[Sca-cooks] An Evil Thought- Excercise in Intelligence

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Tue May 27 17:27:21 PDT 2003

----- Original Message ----- >
> I gather the idea is to find period justification for serving such a
> dish at an event
......SNIP.....
forming it into a patty to facilitate portion
> control instead of stirring the chopped, cooked beef into the
> pottage, leaving out the almond milk for allergy considerations,
> cooking it on a grill instead of boiling it because who ever heard of
> boiling beef anyway, then adding chopped onions (lightly fried or raw
> since boiled onions -- eee-ewwww). Served it with gratuitous mustard
> (not even I could work in ketchup), possibly garnished with ye
> Pickyll de Cowcumbers, y-leched, and all served between two small
> trenchers (cut from manchets, to be sure) so the King could eat it on
> the go between order meetings
.....SNIP....
> One is to show them what it was, by producing examples>
> Hoping this clarifies things...
>
> Adamantius
As well as can be clarified with my presently addled brain my Lord!  :-)
Thank you!!

I have a few dishes that are staples around here. The basic salat of greens
and a strawberry tart and a plain boiled chicken dish (can't remember the
exact name) but when I serve them, I just serve them. I don't offer
explanations or excuses for what they are or why I am serving them... My
family laps them up.

Phillipa