[Sca-cooks] Orlaith's cake

Orlaith of Storvik orla at lady.sca.org
Thu May 29 06:45:52 PDT 2003

Yep.  :)

Lacemaker and Elizabethan Studies.  The cake was Honey Saffron covered in
Marzipan with gold lace and pulled sugar bobbins.  Roxanne said that she
didn't realize it was a cake until the bobbins started melting from the
heat in the Vigil tent!

Orlaith

At 07:12 PM 5/28/03 -0600, you wrote:
>A bobbin-lace cake! How wonderful! I take it that Roxanne is a lace
>maker?
>--maire, embroidery and textile geek masquerading as a cook....
>
>Olwen the Odd wrote:
> >
> > http://www.fairyforest.org/gallery under Sapphire Joust you can find a
> > picture of Orlaith and Terezza and a picture of part of the cake they made
> > for Roxannes vigil.

Lady Orla Carey
Exchequer for the Barony of Storvik
Personal Secretary to Dame Roxanne Greenstreet

Per bend sinister gules and Or, a wolf couchant contourny sable.