[Sca-cooks] Our Cook's guild is off the ground

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu May 29 13:57:20 PDT 2003

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Our Barony has a newly formed cook's guild. The Tir-y-don Culinary
Companions was launched last month and I have been honered with being it's
first Guild Principal.  I would like to solicit suggestions from those on
the Cook's list, any and all ideas for group activities that your cook's
guild have found successful.  We plan to get together once a month, plus our
business meeting for a "social activity". Any ideas would be helpful.

> Lady Lavender de Morten
> Barony of Tir-y-don
> Kingdom of Atlantia

Congratulations ;-)

My best suggestion?

Cook the period foods, in as period a manner as you can manage. Share with
each other, recipes, resources, and experiences. Help each other towards
your goals- if Lady Jane needs to learn how to cook blingletarts, and Lord
Alfred got them almost right, but feels they need improvement, then perhaps
both may work together, and provide the best blingletarts ever served in
your Kingdom ;-)

For all that some folks approach it that way, the goal of any Guild is not
to compete against each other, but rather to work tegether, so each of you
is improved, and your least able person does something well ;-)

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,