[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Hangikjot Recipe?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 4 21:44:17 PST 2003

I got these two messages from this lady. I don't know if Nanna is still
on this list or not, but perhaps someone else can help out. I can't
remember if this dish is in Nanna's book, and right now my books are
still a bit disorganized from my move.

Please remember that this individual is not on this list, so copy her
on any replies or send her email.

Thanks,
    Stefan

> Hello!  I found your site on Google, while searching for a recipe for
> hangikjot.  Do you have one, or know where I might find one?  Or
> alternatively, do you know if there is a source for purchasing
> hangikjot already made?  Thank you!  Anne Forte

> From: AnneMForte at aol.com
> Date: Tue Nov 4, 2003  1:02:01 AM US/Central
> To: StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> Subject: Re: Hangikjot Recipe?
>
> Hello, and thanks for answering!  Hangikjot is smoked lamb (I think it
> is brined first) that is a traditional Christmas treat served in
> Iceland.  As far as I know, it has been on the menu for at least a few
> hundred years!  My grandparents were from Iceland, and I thought it
> would be fun to surprise my dad with some hangikjot this Christmas.  I
> have a feeling that it is a process that would be handled by a meat
> shop, but wanted to find out.  Thanks for any info you can share - > Anne
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com