[Sca-cooks] Darioles recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 14 22:35:20 PST 2003

Olwen asked:
> I am very confused at the redaction in the darioles reipe.  The first
> says take cream of almonds, which I am thinking means almond milk; the
> redaction says 1 1/3 c milk and cream with no mention of almonds or
> almond milk.
> Anyone have any idea why???
Probably because the recipe says "cream of almonds" *or* "of cow milk".
> Take cream of almonds, or of cow milk...
And in this case the redactor apparently chose the latter. Master
Cariadoc, since I believe this redaction is yours, would you have any
comments?

However, rather than almond milk I'm wondering if this really does mean
almond cream as we discussed recently. See this file for some of the
commentary on this.
almond-cream-msg  (24K) 10/12/03    A sweet custard filling used in
sotelties.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/almond-cream-msg.html

Stefan
--------