[Sca-cooks] tamarind pods

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 21:45:44 PST 2003

The Odd One commented:
> >olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:
> > > hehe...maybe I should sign up for the cookie exchange and send
> tamarand
> > > pods...
> > > Olwen
If you do, please include an explanation of what they are and,
important, how we are supposed to prepare/eat them. I *think* I know
what tamarind pods look like, but I've never known what to do with them
or adventuresome enough to just get some and start experimenting. I
don't think pea pods would work done like tamarind pods or vice-versa.

> >SURE you will...they will probably be made of marzipan!
> >Etain(ducking and running)
Don't give her ideas. She is plenty capable of coming up with enough
mischief on her own.

> If I only had the time......... You've never seen a pod have you
> Etain??
Huh? If tamarind pods are what I think they are, they should be much
simpler to imitate in marzipan than many of the items you have done.
But since few folks know what a tamarind pod looks like, the joke might
not go over as well as with more common items.

> So.....What is your address???
> only me.......the odd one!
Maybe you ought to volunteer to run the cookie exchange next year. That
would give you a ready made database. :-)
Stefan
(who has a new address)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas