[Sca-cooks] strainers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 22:23:56 PST 2003

Magdalena commented:
> Also, linen also absorbs a *lot* of liquid, which might be undesirable
> depending on what you're straining.  And, in the course of absorbing
> that water, it swells somewhat changing the fineness of the mesh.
Linen absorbs more liquid than wool? I would have thought the opposite,
but I've not done that much with either fabric. Of course wool can be
spun and woven without removing the lanolin, which apparently makes a
more water resistant garment. But I doubt that either the waterproofing
or the lanolin are desired in the fabric for this use.
Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com