[Sca-cooks] sweet seafood?

Harris Mark.S-rsve60 Mark.s.Harris at motorola.com
Wed Nov 19 10:23:19 PST 2003

Olwen commented:

Folks started at the other end and by the time
they got to me they would ask "what are these made of?" while pointing at
the shortbread.  I'd answer "shrimp" and they would leave them alone.
<<<

Hmmm. Sweet seafood? I don't know... I'm sure there is some sugar in cocktail sauce. But are there seafood (or fish for that matter) which are sweetened? Okay, I guess I chinese style seafood dish with sweet and sour sauce would fit this. What about the Elizabethans? They seemed to have put sugar in *everything*. Maybe it would be easier to find an Elizabethan dish that they *didn't* put sugar into. :-)

Stefan