[Sca-cooks] The debate about overeating, etc....

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 22:11:17 PST 2003

>But, in the mean time, please forgive my amusement at watching Amricans in
>general making fortunes for people who sell them everything they always
>wanted to eat, but less, when what, IMO, is usually needed, is just simply
>less- after all- how many obese Jews came out of the concentration camps?
>
>Saint Phlip,
>CoDoLDS

This comes very close to crossing the boundries of good taste and proper
discussion. The last line does nothing to support your argument or feelings
and can be hurtful as well as a gross exaggeration of the discussion. I also
feel that this discussion should be ended. A proper and unbiased debate
about the dangers of overeating is okay as long as courtesy and logic
prevail.
But this discussion is rapidly reaching the boiling point and I'm turning
the
heat down. This discussion also does nothing to promote education on
cooking,
period subjects or any of the other reasons for this list. I know things get
off
topic far too often but as long as they are done without hurtful intent I
allow
them. Things are starting to hit my red zone so I want it ended.

Gunthar