[Sca-cooks] Here I go again....

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 30 20:24:29 PST 2003

Those of you on multiple lists, please excuse the duplication.

I was recently asked if I would be willing to be head cook for the EK Spring
Coronation.  Since I evidently don't have the sense that God gave a turnip, I
said, "Yes".

This will be the largest and most important feast I've ever done.  I've done
large feasts, but never for as many as 200.  I've done feasts for RP events,
and for one smaller Kingdom event, but never a major Kingdom event.  I'm
planning on two large courses -- one German, and one French -- followed by
a dessert buffet.   I don't know a lot about German cuisine, and I do not read
German.  I own the new translation of "Guter Speis", and I've bookmarked
Valoise Armstrong's translation of Sabina Welserin and GwenCat's partial
translation of Rumpolt.  Any other sources I should consult?

I expect to be asking a lot of questions in the next four months, especially
from the folks who are knowledgeable about the German sources.  Advice
will be very welcome.  In the meantime, I'll be over there in the corner,
whimpering softly.  :-)

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net