[Sca-cooks] Novice Saffron User

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 22:51:58 PST 2003

  Ignia il Nomade asked:
> I am now the lucky owner of 1 gram of saffron threads (yay!!) and am at
> a loss with where to start or what to do with it.
Take a look at these two files in the PLANTS, HERBS ABD SPICES section
of the Florilegium:
saffron-art       (16K)  8/11/97    How to buy and select saffron by
Tony Hill.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/saffron-art.html
saffron-msg       (53K) 12/21/99    Types of saffron. period uses.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/saffron-msg.html

You might also go to the top page of the Florilegium and use the search
engine there. This should turn up a number of recipes that use saffron,
which I have chosen to put into other files.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com