[Sca-cooks] Novice Saffron User

Ana Valdés agora at algonet.se
Fri Nov 14 01:03:59 PST 2003

Paella is the most known use of saffron in food (yes, you kan use to dye
clothes, as the Tibetans do in their clothing, but its a waste when you
can eat it).
The Spanish city of Valencia has a special paella, called "fideoada",
where you can substitute the traditional rice for noddles.
And they have a very tasty paella called "de mont e de mar", where they
use rabbit, chicken and seafood, a mixture of "mont" (countryside) and
"mar" (sea).
Crush the saffron when the paella is almost done and you will have a
magnificent yellow orange colour in the dish.
Ana

--
Skarpnäcks Allé 45
128 33 Skarpnäck