[Sca-cooks] Emergency question about tamarind paste

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 13:34:20 PST 2003

>It's for a marinade/coating for turkey legs.  The title of the dish
>is "Tamarind and seedcoated turkey legs," so I assume it's supposed
>to be reasonably thick - not a thin liquid marinade.

Tamarind is very sour, and the concentrate is stronger, because the
fruit solids are removed.  One reference says 1 teaspoon per six
people, which seems a little low.  Another says 2 T of concentrate is
the same as 2 oz of lump tamarind.

I'd try 2 tablespoons and add more if it doesnt seem sour enough.

Ranvaig