[Sca-cooks] Questions about de Nola

Kathleen A. Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Tue Nov 18 07:03:54 PST 2003

>> Brighid ni Chiarain> I'm also amused by recipes that tell you how to make
> a dish, and then end with something like, "But in truth it's better if
you leave [ingredient]
> out and put in [other ingredient] instead.

i learned at an early age, from hand written reciepts in a box, to read the
WHOLE thing before you start!

"put a spoonful of shortening in a pan, and add some onion..."

no ingredients, just stream of conciousness cooking.  OY!!!!

cailte
who became an instinctive cook because of the vague-eries.
''Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy.''
                                                        W.B. Yeats
Kathleen Roberts
Administrative Asst. II
UNM Freshman Admissions