[Sca-cooks] Emergency question about tamarind paste

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 11:49:59 PST 2003

> > SURE you will...they will probably be made of marzipan!
> >
> > Etain(ducking and running)
>
>You know, I've been thinking...
>
>Olwen has probably got an nefarious agenda...
>
>Ane of these days she is going to show up with a plate of slugs or
>something, and everybody will be so used to her Illusion food that they
>will just pop them in to thier mouths wirthout giving it a second thought.
>.......and she will Laugh and laugh
>
>Brandu, er    ...Adamantius    right, that;'s who I am.  (Yabba dabba do
>*this*, bud)

Bran..um..Adamantius, you should see the way folks approach a buffet table
when I am around.  They scan from farther away, then closer up, just trying
to decide what is faux and what isn't.  One year at Pennsic we did the
buffet for the dancers party.  I had done a few faux things, like the
marzipan shrimp (actually I gave that task to an Aussie aquaintance) and
some other stuff, edible flys and stuff, and I simply sat at the end of the
table near the water jugs.  Folks started at the other end and by the time
they got to me they would ask "what are these made of?" while pointing at
the shortbread.  I'd answer "shrimp" and they would leave them alone.
Olwen