[Sca-cooks] Emergency question about tamarind paste

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:20:34 PST 2003

>Olwen the Odd wrote:
>
>>Bran..um..Adamantius, you should see the way folks approach a buffet table
>>when I am around.  They scan from farther away, then closer up, just
>>trying to decide what is faux and what isn't.  One year at Pennsic we did
>>the buffet for the dancers party.  I had done a few faux things, like the
>>marzipan shrimp (actually I gave that task to an Aussie aquaintance) and
>>some other stuff, edible flys and stuff, and I simply sat at the end of
>>the table near the water jugs.  Folks started at the other end and by the
>>time they got to me they would ask "what are these made of?" while
>>pointing at the shortbread.  I'd answer "shrimp" and they would leave them
>>alone.
>>Olwen
>
>Smarty party.  I'd have tried them, I like shrimp chips so shrimp
>shortbread must be OK right?
>
>Selene the shrimpy

Well, then they would point to the 5 gallon orange jugs and ask what was in
them.  I answered "it's not alcohol so it must be poison".  They would walk
away.....

I may just try finely grinding some shrimp...oh!...dried shrimp!..and try
the shortbread recipe using that.
hmmm.......that is almost too revolting for me!!
Olwen