[Sca-cooks] Emergency question about tamarind paste

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Nov 18 19:37:21 PST 2003

Althea, the Indian grocer is a little north of five points, on the
right.  It's called Patel, and it's in one of the tiny strip malls.

To everyone who offered advice on the tamarind concentrate, thank you!
I watered the concentrate down by half the amount called for, which made
it about the thickness of barbeque sauce.  When I combined it with the
other ingredients (particularly a large quantity of pulverized seeds -
cumin, sesame, celery) it ended up being the texture of apple butter.
It coated the turkey legs well, and tasted fabulous!

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei