[Sca-cooks] Weird words in baklava ingredients

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 18 23:01:55 PST 2003

Olwen commented:
> >While I was trying to puzzle this out, I started thinking about the
> poor
> >SCA
> >member in 2503 who is trying to reconstruct baklava as it was made in
> the
> >2000's from this wrapper found during an archeological excavation ….
>
> Stefan's florilegium will still be around though, won't it?!?
Wow. Thank you. I think.
> But I suppose
> Stefan better start training a youth to take up his cause and direct
> everyone's attention to the various passages.
Yes, that is the reason I've been asking for volunteers in the last few
months of my monthly Florilegium article. (Anyone not seeing it on your
kingdom list? If so, let me know as that is something I need to work
on). My disk crash last April brought home how easily it could all be
lost. And I simply do not have the time to divert to the Florilegium as
I once did. A team effort might also capture some of the wonderful
information that is now passing me by since I can only read a few lists
out of the hundreds that are out there.

If someone wanted to take it over if something happened to me, I
imagine my web minister would work with them, or it could be moved. But
he isn't likely to keep hosting it unless someone continues paying for
it.

The media will change though or better search programs will allow the
simple search of things like the SCA-Cooks or Rialto archive and it
will get obsoleted. Or I might simply decide to go work on that Laurel
or something.  I could even simply get fed up with the SCA and call it
quits.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas