[Sca-cooks] Fw: [Medievalacademy] Recipe Question

dailleurs at liripipe.com dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Nov 20 09:47:37 PST 2003

hey all from Anne-marie
kid friendly food? no problemo!!!!

1. yrchons! the little hedgehogs are as much to make as they are to eat.
2. ruzzige cake. aka "pizza bread" (15th c. german, IIRC?)
3. marchpanes (sugar cookie like objects with marzipan decorations)

the small kids that camp with me live off hard boiled eggs, meat with mustard, bread, rice pudding with whatever fruit goo we have that day, honeyed carrots, ruzzige cake, herbolade (eggs, cheese and herbs, like a frittata), applemouse, cookies and fruit tarts.

fun food activities...
1. molding fruits and thingies out of marzipan
2. bake a pile of shield shaped sugar cookies and let the kids decorate them with their "arms"
3. have 'em make the yrchouns.

hope this is helpful!
--Anne-Marie