[Sca-cooks] Current research on the effects of Cinnamon

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 25 06:13:33 PST 2003

You KNOW all of this without reading the article or examining the research
protocols, baselines or statistical results?  So without reviewing the
article, you jump to the conclusion that the research is seriously flawed.
You, of all people, should know better than to make a snap judgement before
checking the research.

You are making an assumption that an increase of a maximum of six
carbohydrate grams per day will create a significant statistical variation
in the diabetic population tested.  The results in this study seem to show
no significant change in the baseline tests of the placebo groups, which
suggests to me that the wheat flour had little effect on the conduct of the
test.  I suspect the peer review thought that to be the case also.  Your
complaint would make more sense if there was a major shift in the placebo
groups or the major statistical evidence was between groups rather than
changes within each group.

A greater question in my mind is whether the results will hold for a larger,
more geographically diverse population.

Whether or not you believe the research, does the daily ingestion of 1 to 6
grams of cinnamon cause any harm?

Bear