[Sca-cooks] Sweet potatoes

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Nov 25 12:36:45 PST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Phlip wrote:

> Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
> > I think I am the only person that likes sweet potatoes as a
> > vegetable. No sugar at all, please.
> >

> You're not. My favorite is to make them like a baked Idaho, followed closely
> by mashed. Never thought to try them scalloped- maybe I might try them that
> way Thursday...

Try this: Preheat oven to 350. Peel and cube the sweet potatoes, peel
some garlic cloves. Put a couple of T of olive oil in a casserole, put it
in the oven for five minutes. Toss the cubed potatoes and garlic in the
oil, together with any spices you might find interesting (I like salt,
pepper, and rosemary), and bake until tender. Yum!

Me, I cannot stand covering them in goo. The only place for marshmallow
fluff, IMO, is together with peanut butter and honey wheat bread in a
sandwich.

Margaret