[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving Cooking in a Corset

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 17:46:18 PST 2003

In a message dated 11/29/2003 2:33:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bruyere at jeffnet.org writes:

And that would be good Southern style
buttermilk cornbread except I use yellow meal and don't add sugar.

As do I, and I have 300 years worth of Southern ancestery... that's 300 years
worth of ancestors on the white end of things <G>. Have no real figures on
how long the Cherokee have been here (then again. I'm betting they didn't add
sugar to their cornbread either).

The "unusual" thing I add to cornbread is a big dollop of Duke's Mayonnaise.
It adds oil and egg I suppose, makes for a moister pone. Of course, if I'm
doing fried meat of any kind, the drippings get added to the corn batter. As you
see, cornbread is a complex process sometimes <G>.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke