[Sca-cooks] Southern Cornbread

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Sun Nov 30 10:10:20 PST 2003

In a message dated 11/30/2003 6:04:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ranvaig at columbus.rr.com writes:

I've made cornbread on top of the stove using a cast iron
skillet.  Heat the pan, swirl butter around in it, add the batter.
When its cooked enough to not fall apart, lift it out, and
put it back in upside down.  Sometimes it gets turned
in pieces if I didn't judge "cooked enough" correctly,
but it still turns out fine.

I've made fried cornbread in a similar manner, but those are in little
rounds, almost like you'd make fried green tomatoes. If I understand you correctly,
you make an entire pone in the frying pan on top of the stove.

I'd like to see that sometime, not that I don't believe, I'd just like to
understand the mechanics of it <G>.

Corwyn

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke