[Sca-cooks] Cafes in NY

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Tue Oct 7 15:36:00 PDT 2003

This from a freind of mine in NY who lives on Central Park West:

"I've eaten at both the Golden Unicorn and Chanterelle , Chanterelle is a normal upscale french place Good but nothing extremely special . Vongerichten's got a number of places in the city , my personal favorite is the first one he opened called Jo Jos on lexington and 66th (or close by) They have a seared tuna appitizer that is great , they also have a pretty good wine list and their chocolate valronha cake is one of the few deserts that I will actually order.

 I never noticed the excess sugar at the GU.

  My facvorite Dim Sum place is Shun Lee near Lincoln center. It's not suoer authentic chinese like the GU but its New York Dim Sum which I tend to prefer."

Hope it helps.

Daniel