[Sca-cooks] Too many tasks (was Re:Picky Eaters)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 9 21:37:02 PDT 2003

Lavender commented:
> I already have
> my hands full with a Breakfast, populace Lunch, Royal Lunch, Feast and
> now a Lady of The Rose Tea (Any volunteers?). I am also on a tight
> budget and will probably have to absorb some costs already.
Lavender,
That is too many seperate activities. Particularly with some of them
running simultaneously, such as the Royal and the populace lunch. Drop
some of these or either delegate entire items to someone else or have
them do them under your supervision. You hazard not being able to give
enough attention to each one to do a good job on all of them. If you
can't get some volunteers then the activities are not important enough
to your group to do them. Another advantage of delegating some of these
is that it gives some less experienced cooks a chance to shine by doing
some smaller, less complex activities than a regular feast.

Sometimes extra money can be used to lighten the load of some of these,
but you say you are already on a tight budget.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com