[Sca-cooks] FW: [TY] underage drinking

CorwynWdwd at aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 08:17:58 PDT 2003

In a message dated 10/1/2003 10:44:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tara at kolaviv.com writes:

> Tht was reputedly Alabama... but, it's not true:
> <A HREF="http://www.snopes.com/religion/pi.htm">http://www.snopes.com/religion/pi.htm</A>

I stand corrected, it was (almost) Indiana <EG>.

Though the claim about the Alabama state legislature is pure nonsense, it is
similar to an event that happened more than a century ago. In 1897 the Indiana
House of Representatives unanimously passed a measure redefining the area of
a circle and the value of pi. (House Bill no. 246, introduced by Rep. Taylor
I. Record.) The bill died in the state Senate.

Corwyn (Running for the rock <EG>)

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the
consequences. -- P. J. O'Rourke