[Sca-cooks] plea for help-- Soup for the Qan

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Oct 1 11:25:46 PDT 2003

At 09:23 AM 10/1/2003,Jim Fox-Davis said something like:
>Maggie,
>
>Two things popped out at me:  First, isn't Carp both a bit more
>fibrous/stringy than pollock and second,

Not from what I remember as a kid?  (And since then, you have a snowball's
chance in the sahara of getting me to willingly eat carp).

>  would the marrow in the sheep's tail have had an effect other than the
> butter?

I had read (somewhere) that the sheeps tail was used for the fat content,
and one of the suggested substitutes was .. butter? Maybe I got that wrong?

>Jared
>(looking forward to the feast!)

It's going to be quite interesting, even if we have to drop the fish cakes
(they taste darn good, but they are just UNWORKABLE in the current
incarnations).

Regards,
Maggie