[Sca-cooks] plea for help-- Soup for the Qan

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Thu Oct 2 09:41:45 PDT 2003

> I visited my local Seafood City tonight. No carp (but there were some
> horridly icky looking catfish, I passed).

I believe carp is traditionally used for gefilte fish, so if you can
find a fishmonger in a primarily Jewish part of town, they may have it.

> No asafoetida, and the clerks had no idea of what i was talking about.

Try an Indian grocery.  Or you should be able to find it on the
internet.  If all else fails, put out a plea here and someone could send
you some - my local health food store carries it, for instance.

> No dried orange peel, of whatever nationality.

Couldn't you dry your own?  You could do it in an oven, or borrow a food
dehydrator.

-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it for himself. - Galileo Galilei